This slow cooker dish is a light and fresh chicken recipe, but one that’s still packed full of flavour! It’s a straightforward one-pot meal that combines everything you need for a full dinner.
We use chicken thighs, which have loads of flavour, but feel free to swap this out with chicken breast for a leaner option. You’ll get the same result, with chicken that falls apart as you serve this up.
This recipe can be cooked for 3-4 hours on high, or if you want to set and forget all day, you can also cook this on low for 6-7 hours. Just prep and chop your ingredients, add everything to the slow cooker and set the timer!
We recommend using only dry herbs when slow cooking, and saving any light, fresh herbs for serving at the end. And as you can see in the recipe video below, make sure to top with lots of parmesan!
Lemon Garlic and Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 4 Chicken thighs (4-6 chicken thighs)
- 500 g Baby potatoes
- 400 g Chantenay carrots
- 65 g Green beans
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 400 ml Chicken stock
- 6 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Lemon sliced
- Handful Parsley
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Handful Parmesan to serve
- Place lemon slices at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and beans.
- Pour in chicken stocks.
- Add dried oregano, rosemary, thyme and garlic.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan.