This Mediterranean style meatball dish is a fantastic slow cooker recipe that can be served all year round. It’s fun and easy to make and uses a simple set of ingredients. Get ready to get your hands messy, as you’ll be creating your own meatballs from scratch.
This is a great recipe to make with with kids. It’s really fun making meatballs and you can show them exactly what goes into their dinner. You can also make sure only the freshest of ingredients goes into your meatballs!
After combining the lamb mince, breadcrumbs, herbs and spices – it’s time to place your meatballs in the slow cooker and wait for the magic to happen. Lamb meatballs have a rich, deep flavour, but this recipe combines that with the freshness of mint, for a lovely balanced dish.
We serve this with couscous, feta, beetroot and spinach for a real Mediterranean vibe.
Slow Cooker Lamb and Mint Meatballs
- Slow Cooker
- Mixing bowl
- 500 g Lamb mince
- 50 g Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Lemon the juice of
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 25 g Fresh mint finely chopped
- 25 g Fresh parsley finely chopped
- Add lamb mince, breadcrumbs, mint, parsley, cumin, salt and egg into the mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix well.
- Roll the mixture between your hands to form even sized meatballs, roughly the size of golf balls. Place these in the slow cooker.
- Combine the juice of the lemon, the honey, the olive oil and the garlic to create a sauce. Pour this over the meatballs.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low.