Creating your own curry from scratch can seem a little daunting at first, but trust us, we’ve got you! This recipe is super easy to follow, and it may even be a chance to use up some spices that you have hidden at the back of the cupboard.
We recommend using lamb neck fillet for this recipe. It will be available at all good butchers, and most larger supermarkets. It has a lovely fat marbling, which breaks down through slow cooking, leaving you with meat that melts in the mouth.
This recipe requires some upfront work in the pan, to brown off the meat, cook the onions and stir in all of the spices. After that, transfer everything to the slow cooker and let it take the strain.
Serve this with all your favourite curry side dishes, for a proper Slow Cooker Sundays curry night!
Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh
- Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 600 g Lamb neck fillet Cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 8 g Ginger Fresh, Minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil For frying
- In a hot pan, add a little oil and fry the onion, garlic and ginger for a few minutes until softened.
- Add all of the spices and stir well. Add the tomato puree, stir well again and then remove from the pan and put in the slow cooker.
- With a little more oil, brown off the lamb. Do this in batches if needed.
- Add the lamb to the slow cooker, along with your cooked onion, garlic, ginger and spice mix. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.