We all love a good curry. When it’s a whole chicken curry, slow cooked to perfection, then it’s even better.
The chicken will fall apart with minimal effort, so everyone can just grab the parts they want, making for a fabulous sharing meal with friends or family.
We use a shop-bought curry paste for this dish. It may feel a tad less authentic, but makes life very simple! If you want to try a more ‘homemade’ style curry, why not try our Lamb Rogan Josh recipe?
We use a 3.5L slow cooker, which fits a medium whole chicken perfectly.
We love using sweet potatoes in slow cooker curries. In this dish, once you’ve carefully pulled the chicken out of the slow cooker, the curried sweet potatoes will be a lovely side dish.
Combine this with rice, poppadoms, naan and any of your other favourite curry sides and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Tikka Masala Curry
- Slow Cooker
- 1.4 Kg Whole chicken
- 500 g Sweet potato Chopped
- 283 g Tikka masala spice paste 1 standard UK jar size
- 300 ml Double cream
- 400 g Tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 Red onion Diced
- Handful Coriander
- Mix curry paste, tinned tomatoes, double cream and diced red onion to make your sauce.
- Place the whole chicken into the slow cooker and put chopped sweet potato in any gaps around the chicken.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.