Let’s be honest, sometimes pork gets given a bad rep. It should be easy to cook, but get it wrong and it can turn out dry. Thankfully, the magic of the slow cooker can help you deliver a juicy, succulent pork dish every time!
With only a handful of ingredients, this recipe is super straight forward to follow. You’ll be creating the glaze at the beginning and wrapping up the pork in bacon. Streaky bacon really is a must for this recipe, over any other type of bacon. It’s packed full of flavour and will be really easy to wrap around the tenderloin.
This dish only needs to be slow cooked for 3 hours and then it’s ready for finishing under the grill. Grilling will crisp up the bacon and add glorious golden colour. It’s an extra step definitely worth taking.
We served this on top of creamy mashed potatoes and with asparagus. This is sure to be a hit with the family and friends – don’t be surprised if they want to come round for dinner more often!
Pork Tenderloin Wrapped with Bacon with a Maple and Mustard Glaze
- Slow Cooker
- Grill (broiler)
- 750 g Pork tenderloin
- 10 Bacon rashers streaky
- 4 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 200 ml Maple syrup
- Cut the pork tenderloin in half (if in one large piece) and wrap in streaky bacon.
- Mix maple syrup, brown sugar and wholegrain mustard in a bowl. This is your glaze.
- Add a little of the glaze mixture to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place your wrapped pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, and pour over the remaining mixture.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the wrapped pork tenderloin, and place under a hot grill until the bacon starts to crisp. Keep an eye it, to to make sure it doesn't burn!