Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Gnocchi
There’s nothing quite like the comfort of a slow-cooked meal that’s rich, hearty, and filling. And this slow cooker shredded beef gnocchi recipe is no exception. Made with tender beef brisket, tangy tinned tomatoes, and a variety of aromatic herbs and spices, this dish perfect for a cosy night in or for entertaining guests. And it’s super easy to prepare thanks to the magic of the slow cooker.
The key to this recipe is the beef brisket, which is a tough cut of meat that becomes tender and flavoursome when slow-cooked. To start, cut your brisket into large chunks. Next, brown the brisket in a frying pan to give it a lovely sear on all sides. This step helps to lock in the juices and give the beef a richer, more complex flavour.
Once the brisket is browned, transfer it to the slow cooker along with tinned tomatoes, garlic, and a variety of herbs and spices. For an extra rich and beefy flavour, we crumble half a beef stock cube into the mix as well. We also add a small amount of red wine vinegar, which helps to break down the beef. It’s not essential though, so don’t worry if you don’t have it.
Then simply set the slow cooker to low and let it cook for 8-10 hours, or until the beef is tender enough to shred with a fork.
Once the beef is shredded, it’s time to add the gnocchi. You can use shop-bought gnocchi or make your own if you’re feeling adventurous. Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions, then add it to the slow cooker.
To finish the dish, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the top and add a handful of rocket leaves. The peppery flavour of the rocket helps to cut through the richness of the dish and adds a nice bit of colour to the plate.
Leftovers of this recipe taste even better the next day, so you can enjoy this meal for days to come.
Shredded Beef Gnocchi
- Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 500 g Beef brisket cut into large chunks and browned
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil for browning
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 0.5 Beef stock cube crumbled
- 1.5 tsp Dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp Dried Basil
- 0.25 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 500 g Fresh gnocchi cooked
- 50 g Parmesan grated
- handful Fresh rocket
- Cut beef brisket into large chunks. We cut a 500g piece into 5-6 chunks. In a hot pan with a little oil, brown on all sides.
- In the slow cooker combine tinned tomatoes, oregano, basil, chilli flakes, red wine vinegar, garlic, and a crumbled beef stock cube. Add the browned brisket and stir well.
- Cook for at least 8 hours on low. We recommend cooking for 10 hours.
- Just ahead of the slow cook, prepare your gnocchi according to package instructions.
- Shred the beef brisket, add the cooked gnocchi and stir well.
- Add plenty of parmesan and optionally top with fresh rocket.
Why not try?
Want a slow cooked beef recipe, but don’t fancy this one? Then take a look at all of our chicken recipes here. Or for all our recipes, use our recipe finder to narrow down a recipe choice!
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.