Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Satay Noodles
Nothing hits the spot quite like a bowl of noodles with a creamy peanut satay sauce. And when you can cook that meal in a slow cooker with minimal effort, all the better! This slow cooker shredded chicken satay noodles recipe is a perfect example of a dish that provides maximum taste with minimal work.
To make this recipe, add chicken breast to your slow cooker along with a simple satay sauce. It’s simply peanut butter, soy sauce, water, curry powder, ginger, and garlic. We prefer to use cruncy peanut butter in this recipe to add extra texture to the final dish, but smooth peanut butter will work fine as well.
Next, simply slow cook until the chicken is cooked through and tender enough to shred. Just before your chicken is finished cooking, prepare your egg noodles according to package instructions. You could use quick cook noodles and add them straight to the slow cooker pot at the end for 10 minutes if you prefer. However, we’ve tried this recipe in multiple ways and feel cooked egg noodles work best. They soak up the flavours well, without drying the recipe out.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with a couple of forks. You can do this in the slow cooker, but be careful to not scratch the pot. If you find it easier, transfer the chicken to a bowl first to shred.
Add your cooked egg noodles to the slow cooker. Stir the noodles, chicken and sauce well before adding any toppings of your choice. We opted for sesame seeds and chopped spring onion. You could also use crushed peanuts or chillies.
The end result is a comforting bowl of noodles that’s packed with flavor and texture. The peanut butter provides a rich, creamy base, while the soy sauce adds a savory umami flavor. The noodles provide the perfect base for soaking up those delicious flavors, making this dish a surefire hit with your family and friends.
So next time you’re looking for a comforting, easy-to-make meal, give this slow cooker shredded chicken satay noodles recipe a try.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Satay Noodles
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 125 g Peanut butter crunchy
- 75 ml Light soy sauce
- 100 ml Water
- 1.5 tbsp Mild curry powder
- 15 g Ginger minced or grated
- 3 cloves Garlic minced or grated
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced
- 170 g Egg noodles (cooked) 170g dried weight
- Toppings of your choice such as spring onion, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, light soy sauce, water, mild curry powder, garlic and ginger. This is your satay sauce.
- Place chicken breasts and thinly sliced carrot in the slow cooker. Pour over the satay sauce and mix well.
- Cook for 2.5-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Stir in cooked egg noodles and add toppings of your choice, such as spring onion, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.
Why not try?
Want a slow cooked chicken recipe, but don’t fancy this one? Then take a look at all of our chicken recipes here. Or for all our recipes, use our recipe finder to narrow down a recipe choice!
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.