This is one of our all-time favorite slow cooker dishes. We’ve made this many times, for lots of people, and it always hits the spot! The ingredients are fantastic and as you slow cook the chorizo, it infuses the rest of the dish with its deep smokey flavour. It will also leave your house smelling amazing while it’s cooking!
We would recommend doing a little bit of upfront work in the frying pan, by softening the onion and browning the chicken thighs. You could even chuck in the garlic, tomato puree and paprika at this stage too, before transferring everything to the slow cooker.
However, you don’t have to do this work in the pan – the dish will still work without it. If you don’t, just make sure you dice the onion as fine as you can.
We top this with fresh parsley, and serve this with crusty bread and fresh greens. You could also serve with rice or potatoes.
Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken and Chorizo Casserole
- Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 6 Chicken thighs Boneless and skinless
- 200 g Chorizo Sliced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 175 g Butter beans Tin, drained
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil For the pan
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black pepper
- Handful Parsley
- Add a little olive oil to a hot frying pan and cook the diced onion for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Remove the onion and brown the chicken thighs on 1-2 minutes each side.
- Combine all other ingredients (minus the parsley) in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- Stir in a handful of freshly chopped parsley and enjoy.