Indulge in one of our easiest, tastiest recipes with his hearty hunters chicken medley with sweet potato. Hunters chicken is an absolute classic here in the UK, served in pubs up and down the land. Typically it involves wrapping chicken breast in bacon. That can be a little bit fiddly when you’re looking to create something with minimal effort, so we’ve deconstructed the recipe for the slow cooker.
This recipe is so simple, that the only prep you need to do is chopping sweet potato and onion. If you pick up some diced chicken breast from the supermarket, then the rest can just be thrown straight from the packet into the slow cooker.
After the slow cooker has worked its magic, throw in some grated cheese and stir. We use a blend of cheddar and mozzarella for ultimate flavour and a satisfying cheese-pull! Finally, add a bit extra cheese on top and any garnish you want, such as extra red onion or parsley.
To serve, this dish goes well with a side of buttered crusty bread or a fresh green salad. Get ready to relish a meal that captures the essence of hearty home-cooked goodness!
Hunters Chicken Medley with Sweet Potato
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 350 g Sweet potato cut into small cubes
- 400 g Chicken breast diced
- 150 g Bacon lardons
- 300 g BBQ sauce
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 100 g Cheese grated
- Parsley chopped, optional
- In the slow cooker, combine chopped sweet potato, diced chicken breast, bacon lardons, diced red onion, BBQ sauce and dried oregano. Stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- After slow cooking, add half of your cheese and stir well. Allow to melt and the sauce to thicken for a few minutes, before stirring well again.
- Top with the remaining cheese and optionally sprinkle over chopped parsley and extra diced red onion.
Nutrition calculations only account for the ingredients stated in the slow cooker recipe. Serving suggestions such as rice and potatoes are not included. Remember to account for the nutritional values of anything you choose to accompany the recipe with.
Why not try?
Want a slow cooked chicken recipe, but don’t fancy this one? Then take a look at all of our chicken recipes here. Or for all our recipes, use our recipe finder to narrow down a recipe choice! You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.