Butter chicken is one of the nations favourite Indian dishes. It has a mild flavour and creamy texture, thanks to one magic ingredient: butter!
If you fancy a curry this weekend, why not leave the takeaway menus in the drawer and try this fakeaway instead? After slow cooking, the chicken will be juicy and tender. The best thing is, this butter chicken is really easy to make and all the ingredients will be readily available from any local supermarket.
We serve this with basmati rice, garlic and coriander naan breads, and top with fresh chopped coriander. You could serve with any of your favourite curry night accompaniments!
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 600 g Chicken Breast 4 whole breasts
- 1 Onion Finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 100 g Unsalted butter
- 200 g Natural yoghurt
- 400 ml Coconut milk Do not use reduced fat
- 1 tbsp Medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- Pinch Salt
- In a frying pan, over a medium heat, cook the onions and garlic with a little butter until softened.
- Turn down the heat and slowly melt the rest of the butter.
- Cut the chicken into bitesize chunks and mix all ingredients in the slow cooker, stirring well.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 7-8 on low.