Creamy peanut butter, slow cooked chicken and spicy chilli. We enjoy eating this one just as much as we enjoy making it, and hope you will too!
This recipe is super simple. Half of the ingredients are thrown in the pot upfront, and the other half are thrown in right at the end.
The little trick we use in this recipe is adding ‘quick cook’ or ‘straight to wok’ noodles. After the chicken is nearly finished slow cooking in the peanut chilli sauce, just throw in the noodles for 5 minutes, give them a stir and cook for 5 minutes more. You can add beansprouts at this point too.
The recipe card below calls for 0.5 tbsp of chilli flakes. Be warned, this packs a punch! However, we really like spice, so actually tend to cook this with 1tbsp of chilli flakes ourselves. If you’re hesitant, or don’t like spice too much then just add a pinch upfront. You can always stir in more at the end!
Slow Cooker Peanut Chilli Noodles
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Chicken breasts Cut into bitesize chunks
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp Sesame oil
- 100ml Water
- 0.5 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsbp Brown sugar
- 100 g Beansprouts
- 300 g 'Quick cook' noodles 2 x 150g packs
- Handful Spring onion Chopped
- Handful Peanuts Crushed
- Mix peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli flakes, brown sugar and water to make your sauce.
- Combine chopped chicken breast and your sauce in the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Keep the heat on, stir in beansprouts and add your add quick cook noodles to the slow cooker. Put the lid on for 5 mins until the noodles start to soften.
- Open the lid, stir everything well, breaking the softened noodles apart. Put the lid back on for another 5 mins.
- Serve and top with chopped spring onion and crushed peanuts.