This recipe is packed full of flavour. It’s sweet from the honey, with a spicy kick from the sriracha sauce. It will also make your home smell amazing while you wait!
These ingredients should be readily available at all supermarkets. If you can’t find Sriracha immediately, try the world foods aisle. We recommend using the Flying Goose brand (pictured below).
This dish is super simple, with minimal upfront preparation needed. Just follow the steps in the recipe below and chuck all the slow cooker ingredients in together. After cooking, shred the chicken, top with spring onion and sesame seeds and away you go! We served this on a bed of jasmine rice, with a wedge of lime.
For those who want extra spice, you could chop up a fresh chili and add this to the slow cooker. Or, just top your finished meal with extra sriracha sauce.
Pro tip: save any leftovers for the next day. Heat up and stuff in a baguette with mayo, lettuce and extra sriracha – trust us on this one!
Slow Cooker Sriracha Honey Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 450 g Chicken Breast 3 whole breasts
- 8 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Whole Lime 1/2 for juice, 1/2 for serving wedges
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds To serve
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion Chopped , to serve
- Mix sriracha sauce, honey, rice vinegar, light soy sauce and the juice of half a lime to make your sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker, pour over your sauce and stir.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 7-8 on low.
- Remove from the slow cooker and shred the chicken. Serve on a bed of rice or noodles, and top with sesame seeds and finely chopped spring onion.