These slow cooker lamb koftas are packed full of flavour and cooked in a sweet, zesty salsa – just the trick to brighten up any dinner time!
When making lamb koftas, prepare to get your hands messy. Just simply use your hands to shape minced lamb, herbs and spices into small balls – about the size of ping pong balls. Next, roll them through your palms until they flatten out slightly into little torpedo shapes.
If you like, you can brown the koftas in a hot pan with a little olive oil, but this isn’t a must for this recipe.
This recipe also calls for a fresh, hot salsa. Just make sure to dice all of the ingredients very finely, before adding to the slow cooker along with the koftas. To serve, we recommend warming up some flatbreads, and adding a yoghurt and mint sauce.
You could even make your own flatbreads, just follow this guide: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/easy-flatbreads/ . To make your own sauce too, all you need is some natural yogurt, fresh mint, a little garlic powder and some lemon juice!
Slow Cooker Lamb Koftas in a Tomato Salsa
- Slow Cooker
For the Koftas
- 500 g Minced lamb
- Handful Fresh mint Chopped
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic granules
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
For the salsa
- 400 g Fresh tomatoes Chopped
- 1/2 White onion Finley diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Green chilli deseeded and diced
- Juice of half a lime
- In a bowl combine minced lamb, mint, coriander, cumin, garlic, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Mix well and shape the lamb koftas with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, make the tomato salsa by combining tomatoes, onion, garlic, chilli, olive oil and lime juice.
- Place the koftas in the slow cooker and cover with the salsa.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low.