Pulled pork is one of the go-to slow cooker recipes. It’s incredibly easy, feeds a crowd, and shredding slow cooked pork is just so satisfying! This recipe twists up a classic BBQ pulled pork, by adding Dr Pepper for a sweet injection of flavour.
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity. It’s just 5 ingredients and a pinch of salt, and takes a matter of minutes to prepare.
Pork shoulder should be available at most large supermarkets and all butchers. It’s really important to cut the pork into large chunks first. This way, it will cook evenly and shred with minimal effort.
Just 250ml of Dr Pepper is needed, so just a bit less than a standard size can – leaving some for you to drink! Pro tip: if you want an extra injection of cherry flavour, add a few diced glacé cherries into the slow cooker.
We serve this pulled pork in brioche burger buns and with plenty of creamy coleslaw. The recipe below will make at least 6 well stuffed buns.
Dr Pepper BBQ Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker
- 1 kg Pork Shoulder Cut into large chunks
- 250 ml Dr Pepper
- 175 g BBQ Sauce Of your choice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 White onion Finely diced
- Pinch Salt
- Burger buns and topping of your choice such as coleslaw and pickles.
- Cut the pork shoulder into large chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- Remove the pork and shred. Stir in as much sauce from the slow cooker as desired.