Satay is one of a kind. The sweet, nutty flavours and creamy texture makes for the perfect dish when combined with tender, slow cooked beef. In this recipe we combine beef satay with a fresh, bright salad, which is ideal for a lighter evening meal or a rather special lunch!
Best of all, this recipe is incredibly simple – just look at how few ingredients are required. The only preparation required is at the beginning with the beef. In a hot pan with a little oil, brown off the meat to lock in the flavour and add some lovely colour. Once completed, transfer to the slow cooker and ‘set and forget’ for 3 hours.
Feel like you could eat something larger? Why not substitute the salad for some rice or noodles, and stir in cooked veggies of your choice like broccoli, mangetout or baby sweetcorn.
Slow Cooker Asian Satay Beef Salad
- Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 650 g Beef braising steak cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 75 g Peanut butter
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- Handful Crushed peanuts To serve
- Salad ingredients of your choice
- In a hot pan with a little oil, lightly brown the beef on all sides for a couple of minutes.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Spoon over a freshly made salad of your choice, and top with crushed peanuts.
Nutrition calculations only account for the ingredients stated in the slow cooker recipe. Serving suggestions such as rice and potatoes are not included. Remember to account for the nutritional values of anything you choose to accompany the recipe with.
Why not try?
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.