This is one of our favourite slow cooker creations. Who would have thought you can make two different recipes in one slow cooker?! This recipe involves making tender slow cooked chicken wings in both a honey garlic sauce and buffalo sauce.
The ingredients are simple and you may have most of them in your cupboards already. Chicken wings are a really economical cut of meat, so you can cook for a crowd without breaking the bank.
The real fun with this recipe comes when you cook both flavours at once. To do this, you need to use good quality tin foil to make two parcels. It’s a bit fiddly, and we highly recommend you use at least two layers for each parcel. You can leave the tops open, but take the time to get this right. You don’t want to accidentally poke holes into the foil and have the flavours all blending together!
Of course, if you just want to make one of these flavours you can – just double up on the sauce ingredients and do away with the foil parcels.
After slow cooking, carefully remove the wings and the parcels. We recommend finishing these under the grill for 5-10 minutes and layering the leftover sauce back on.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings 2 ways – Honey Garlic and Buffalo
- Slow Cooker
- Grill (broiler)
- 1 kg Chicken wings approx 825g with wing tips removed
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 120 g Honey
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 120 ml Hot Pepper Sauce of your choice
- 30 g Butter melted
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Prepare your chicken wings by cutting the drummette, wingette and wing tip. Discard the wing tips. See the attached video for a useful guide.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauces in seperate bowls. Cover half of the wings in one sauce and half of the wings in the over sauce. If you have time, refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Create 2 large parcels, open at the top, with at least two layers of strong tin foil. Make sure not to tear the foil. This will be the way you separate the two flavours in the cooker.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Optional: Carefully remove and finish under the grill (broiler) for 5-10 minutes, pouring the sauces back over the wings.
Nutrition calculations only account for the ingredients stated in the slow cooker recipe. Serving suggestions such as rice and potatoes are not included. Remember to account for the nutritional values of anything you choose to accompany the recipe with.
Why not try?
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.