If you’re a fan of spicy chicken burgers, then you’ll love this slow cooker recipe! These burgers are not for the faint-hearted, as they pack a punch with every bite. The combination of tender and juicy chicken breast with the fiery heat of your favourite hot sauce is a match made in heaven. Some people may call this a spicy buffalo chicken recipe, but whatever you call it get ready to spice up your life!
One of the best things about this recipe is how few ingredients you need to make it. With just six simple ingredients, you can create a mouth-watering burger that’s bursting with flavour. All you need is chicken breast, Frank’s Hot Sauce (or any hot sauce of your choice), pickle juice, butter, cayenne, and garlic. That’s it!
These ingredients are all combined in the slow cooker, where the chicken is cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Once the chicken is tender and cooked through, it’s shredded and ready to be loaded into brioche burger buns.
In our opinion, no spicy burger is compete without the tangy crunch of pickles. However, we know that may divide opinion. You could add any extras or or sauces of your choice. We also put a little bit of Mayo on our toasted buns, but you could add cheese, crispy onions, blue cheese sauce, mustard… the list goes on!
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Burgers
- Slow Cooker
- 150 ml Hot sauce of your choice
- 2 Chicken breast approx 300-400g
- 40 g Butter melted
- 1 tbsp Pickle juice
- 1/8 tsp Garlic granules optional
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper optional
- 3-4 Burger buns
- Condiments of your choice
- In the slow cooker combine hot sauce, butter, pickle juice garlic granules, cayenne pepper and chicken. Stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Shred the chicken. Load into burger buns with pickles and condiments of your choice.
Why not try?
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.