Chicken Bacon and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Slow cooked shredded chicken and bacon in a simple homemade sundried tomato sauce. Spoon over fresh pasta and top with plenty of parmesan. This is an easy, tasty recipe that will be an instant hit with anyone who tries it.
All of the ingredients are readily available from the supermarket. Pick up a jar of sundried tomatoes and drain most of the oil before using them, or pat dry with some kitchen towel. You can either keep them whole or chop into small pieces, depending on how you like them.
If you have the time, you can fry bacon lardons in a pan until they start to crisp. If you do this, then add the onion, garlic tomato puree, and cook for a few minutes until soft as well. These steps aren’t a must, but it will add extra flavour to the dish!
After slow cooking, shred the chicken and serve on top of the pasta of your choice. Top with plenty of parmesan and chopped parsley.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon and Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Slow Cooker
- 450 g Chicken Breast 3 whole breasts
- 100 g Pancetta or smoked bacon lardons
- 75 g Sundried tomatoes Drained, whole or chopped
- 1 Onion Finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Optional: Fry the bacon lardons in a pan until they start to crisp. Add the onion, garlic and tomato puree, and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high.
- Remove, shred the chicken and serve on a bed of pasta of your choice. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley.