Truly the easiest dish we’ve ever made. This is a lovely side dish of sweet potato and carrot mash. Perfect for saving space on the hob, if you’re making a big meal. Perfect for meal prepping, if you’re making lots of healthy portions for the week. It’s just 4 ingredients and it tastes amazing!
As you can see from the image above, there really is only four ingredients to this recipe, making it incredibly straight forward. It’s also is also really cheap (maybe minus the lurpak, but we got it on special offer!). You can use vegan butter to make this recipe vegan. You could also mix up some of the vegetables, by using any other vegetable that mashes well. How about swede, pumpkin, butternut squash or parsnip? Or add some beetroot, for incredible an purple colour!
If there’s a bit too much liquid in the slow cooker by the time you’ve mashed and added the butter, then just keep the slow cooker on with the lid off for a little longer. Keep an eye on it and stir well until it reaches your desired consistency.
You can also freeze portions of this sweet potato and carrot mash. We recommend putting each portion into a sandwich bag, flatenning it out and removing the air. You can then freeze for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to eat, defrost fully and then simply heat up on the hob or in the microwave.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Carrot Mash
- Slow Cooker
In the Slow Cooker
- 1.2 kg Sweet potato Peeled and chopped
- 4 Carrots Medium-sized, peeled and chopped
- 250 ml Vegetable stock
- 75 g Butter Or vegan butter
- Pinch Black pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots. Roughly chop into equal sized pieces and place into the slow cooker.
- Add vegetable stock. Put the lid on and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. The timings do not have to be exact.
- After slow cooking, mash the contents of the slow cooker until you reach your desired consistency. Add butter and stir in until it melts. Season with pepper and add any other additional herbs or spices to taste.
Why not try?
Want a slow cooker vegetarian or vegan recipe, but don’t fancy this one? Then take a look at all of our V/Vg recipes here. Or for all our recipes, use our recipe finder to narrow down a recipe choice!
You can also check out our YouTube page for all of our video recipes, including some longer form follow-along recipe videos.